Thursday, May 13, 2010

Only Love

So the night that I wrote the previous post was the absolute worst night of sleep I can ever remember having.  Maria was up most of the night.  Fussing.  I have no idea why.  She has progressively become a worse sleeper as our time together has grown longer, but Sunday night was the worst.  I spent the entire night feeling angry.  And numb.  It really sounds as though it is not possible to feel both, but somehow I did.  I have come to dread going to bed each night because I don't know how many times she'll wake up and fuss throughout it.  But tonight, when I went upstairs to comfort her in her tears (before even going to bed), I scooped up this beautiful wet mess of a girl and just hugged her tight.  As I lay in bed with her, her fussing quieted down and her breathing slowed down to normal, and I couldn't help but think how amazing it is that God chose ME to be her mother.  This precious little girl never had someone to hold her and rock her throughout the night before if she needed it.  Never had someone lay with her in bed, holding her tight, and kissing her sweaty little curls.  Until now.  And so tonight, the memories of the other night are fading in importance in my mind, and tonight have been replaced with only love.  And gratitude to our loving Father for putting our family together.

2 comments:

PK said...

I pray for peace and calm at your house and especially a good night's sleep.

Thinking of you all
{{hugs}}
Team Kern

Eric, Lori, Zach and Maddie Fox said...

Hi Guys,
I just caught up on all your posts. Through the struggles you guys have been going through, I see God and I see love. I am so sorry you are having all these things happen, but so grateful you know the One who sees it all so clearly and never leaves you or forsakes you. Hang on to that when things are tough. I looked at the posts of pictures and saw a family who God knitted together and so much love and joy. Granted, you don't take pictures of your toilet overflowing or your kids not getting along, but the moments that make it all worth while. Sending love to you all today and praying for a good day for you and God's provision.
Love,
Lori