Sunday, February 27, 2011

Breaking Through

Just a quick update to say "Praise God!"  We made it through this month!  We are very thankful and are looking forward to this next month.  With the bulk of the company's income coming in over the next two months and with our upcoming tax return, we are praying that we will be good stewards of the money that God gives us.  We are praying for wisdom to make good choices on what, how, and when to spend money: a few repairs we've been holding off on, a car to replace the one that was totaled so that we can give Kevin's grandparents their car back, paying off some debts, etc.  It feels really good to be in a place where we can make these choices, so now it's just making sure we are doing it wisely: God's way and not ours. :)

Here are some lyrics to Toby Mac's song "Hold On" that have been in my head tonight:

So baby hold on, to the one that's holding you,
I see the clouds are moving faster now, and the sun is breaking through!

[Note: I just looked up the lyrics and it looks like I combined in my head the first part of one verse with the second part of the next verse, but oh well!  I like it this way so I'm gonna' keep it!]

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Stephanie,

I have two cars that need homes. Send me your e-mail and I can send you the details. Both are being stored at my parent's home in GR.

Blessings,

Amy Turner
atturner21@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to you with trying to make the money stretch. My husband is self employed. I quit my job teaching when our youngest was born and homeschool now. We pay our own insurance and have no dental. Our credit line is getting close. I pray our car can hold off on the maintenance that is due at our mileage. Just the other day one of our children has an infected tooth and with all of the unexpected dental work it comes to just under $1500. Yes, we do not have dental insurance. It's not that I am pleased that others are struggling financially, I just find a little comfort in knowing there are others like us right now. I have a college degree and am contemplating having MIchild insurance for my kids. I never thought we'd have it so tough. I, like you am trying to look for the positive and completely trust God. We've really had some strong God moments where He's come thru with last minute checks from people that just didn't pay us for over six months. Thanks for the update!

Stephanie said...

Amy, I sent you an email. Thanks so much!!

And to our anonymous friend, thank you for sharing too. It's always nice to know that you aren't alone especially when you are going through trying times. God is faithful, and He is our provider. Let's keep holding on to Him! :)