Thursday, April 22, 2010

We lost a great man yesterday

A few months ago I posted about Kevin's family, and the things that were going on health wise with his sister Kristi, and our brother-in-law Eric.  Well, with a heavy heart I need to write that yesterday Eric went to be with our Lord.  We rejoice that he is no longer in pain, that he's no longer suffering, and that he is now at peace forever, but he will be dearly missed. 


The following will appear in the GR Press on Friday and Sunday:

Eric J. Fox, age 40, of Grandville, formerly of Jenison, went to be with his Savior on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 after a courageous, five year battle with ALS. His genuine love of life and for people gave him the ability to make friends in minutes. Eric has fought the good fight, he has finished the race and has kept the faith. He was loved and will be dearly missed by his wife of 14 years, Lori; his children, Zach and Maddie; parents, James and Joan Fox; sister, Julie Fox; brother, Jary (Erica) Fox and their children, Emma and Katelyn; parents-in-law, Steve and Linda Kammeraad; sister-in-law, Kristi (Brian) Rogalske and their children, Ashley, Nathan and Emily; brother-in-law, Kevin (Stephanie) Kammeraad and their children, Carlos and Maria; and many extended family members and friends.

Funeral services will be held Monday at 10:00am at Kentwood Community Church, 1200 60th St. SE, Kentwood with Pastor Rob Reynolds officiating. Interment Fort Custer National Cemetery.
Those who wish may make memorial contributions to ALS Association, or Global Partners c/o Rob and DaNae Reynolds.
Relatives and friends may meet the family Saturday from 7-9 pm, Sunday from 2-4 and 7-9pm at Matthysse-Kuiper-DeGraaf Funeral Home (Grandville) 4145 Chicago Drive SW.
Condolences may be sent online at www.mkdfuneralhome.com or the family’s blog at http://www.ericjfox.blogspot.com/.

November 2009


July 2008

3 comments:

Mary said...

I just checked all the blogs I follow and am SO sad to read this. My deepest sympathies to the family.

Beltrame Family said...

Stephanie- I'm thinking of you and your family. May God keep you strong in this trying time.

Anonymous said...

You do not know me, but our last names is what caught my attention.

However, before any of that...,

I just felt lead to send my deepest regards as to your loss. I also rejoice with you and yours, that Eric is no longer in pain and in fact has found Peace and Comfort with Our Father in Heaven.

My prayers are with you and your family as I have no doubt the loss of Eric is felt deeply.

Love is Eternal
The Aspect May Change, but
Not The Essence....

With my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Dorelle Kammeraad
Ventura, CA.