Friday, February 05, 2010

One Step Closer

Just before the end of the work day today our agency emailed and said that our I800 arrived at the US Embassy in Bogota today.  This is good news!  She said that sometime next week they should have our Article 5 letter complete and then our representative will plan the Presentation Date with Los Pisingos.  (The Presentation Date is the date that we will receive Maria.)  Our agency will let us know as soon as our representative has more news. 

I was starting to wonder if our I800 somehow got lost en route.  This is a great relief, and a really good way to start the weekend.  We still might not travel for another week or more, but at least things are progressing.  We're moving forward, and are now one step closer to being with our daughter.  Thank you, God! 

Even before this news, I felt better today than I did yesterday.  I still REALLY want to be in Colombia, but I've been reminding myself over and over that God knows what He's doing.  He's in control.  He knows when we're supposed to be there, and why that particular day, that particular moment.  None of this is a surprise to Him.  I know he'll bring us there when we're supposed to be there.  And so we'll enjoy our weekend here with friends and family, and we'll wait and see what next week brings. 

No comments: