Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Update on Our Adoption Case

We heard from Isabel earlier last week that the judge approved our case the Thursday before (on the 4th), and so the next step is for the Defender of Minors to sign our paperwork. I’ve heard that she has five business days to sign, but I’ve also heard she has three business days to sign, but either way after she signs it goes back to the same judge who approved our case for his final approval and signature. That’s when we receive sentencia and can work on the final details before returning home. I saw Isabel yesterday and she asked if I had any plans to travel around the country. I said that I didn’t. She said good, because our case is before the judge so we could get sentencia any time now. She smiled and told me not to get lost!  :)  So, this is good news, but I’m not allowing myself to get too excited. He has ten business days to sign, but as I’ve seen with friends’ cases, delays can happen, so I’m just mentally preparing myself for the long haul, and that way I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it comes soon! 

3 comments:

John and Kristi said...

Love reading your blog! You have such a good attitude, and fun to see you taking in so much of Bogota! You are doing a great job of holding Sentencia loosely...you never know. Isabel wouldn't tell you those things if she wasn't confident, but, Pisingos can sometimes be overly optimistic, too...so enjoy each day...all the beautiful and difficult moments, as soon you will be home!! Your family is just precious! Please give Camila a hug from our Isabel. May God continue to bless and keep you all...May His face shine on you...and be gracious to you!! Love from sunny Michigan! Kristi

Jessica Perberg said...

here's hoping and praying for good news and speed in the process. I was thinking about you all and praying for you this morning. Love the pics and updates!

Unknown said...

Glad for the update, Steph. Have enjoyed keeping up with you and your beautiful family through your pictures. Will be praying you sense God's presence as you wait!

Peace,

Sarah