Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We're Home!

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we arrived home late last night safe and sound!  The kids did great during our day of traveling and slept very soundly through the night.  (Thank you, God!)

I made pancakes for breakfast, but then had no energy to make anything for lunch or dinner!  I felt absolutely exhausted today and walked around in a fog. 

Kevin took Carlos to school this afternoon near the end of the day so that he could see his teacher and classmates.  They were so excited to see him!  They had lots of questions for him (in Spanish) and Kevin said he did really well answering them.  He also gave them the little gifts we got for them all.  It was a good experience and will help Carlos feel ready for school tomorrow.  (Then he'll be off for spring break for ten days.) 

While they were gone, Maria and I walked to Kingma's Market (our locally owned little grocery store).  I think this was a bit more ambitious than maybe I should have been today!  When Kevin and Carlos got back, I was struggling to stay awake while playing with Maria.  I had to take a nap, my whole mind and body was aching to take a nap, so Kevin was so sweet to play with the kids while I quickly drifted off to sleep on the couch.  I awoke 45 minutes later to my family calling me for dinner - pizza! 

A little walk outside after dinner, and then we put the kids to bed.  It was a good day!  I miss Colombia, but it feels good to be home!

P.S. I'm hoping to update the blog sometime in the next week or so with photos from our last days in Colombia! :)

4 comments:

Eric, Lori, Zach and Maddie Fox said...

Hi guys,
It was so great to see you guys arrive safely home. So glad the kids slept well after such a long day. I will email you some pics form the airport. Hope you are adjusting better today. I'm sure it is wonderful yet overwhelming to be back home and get to a new "normal" routine again.
Love you all!
Lori and Eric and kids

Watsons said...

Incredible to hear you say "Maria and I walked to Kingmas" - you're HOME, in YOUR neighborhood, with YOUR daughter! Wow! What a journey. I pray that your reverse culture shock and missing Colombia will ease as you settle back into life in Michigan with your expanded family. love you all! Faith

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Kammeraad Family!!!!! So very happy for all of yoU!

PK said...

We miss you and Colombi'a but boy do our beds feel good:) I can relate to your exhaustion.

Smooch
PK and the rest of the "Kernels"